Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Beyond Lies the Wub by Philip K. Dick - Short Story Review

Beyond Lies the WubBeyond Lies the Wub by Philip K. Dick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


While reading this short story, my first Philip K. Dick work, this song kept playing in my mind:

Big man, pig man
Ha, ha, charade you are
You well heeled big wheel
Ha, ha, charade you are


- Pigs (Three Different Ones) by Pink Floyd

I was wondering if the travesty was really apt. I wondered if there was something in this story that crossed the gravitational force and escaped me. All I know is that here is a nice, short story about a wub (A rather stout, big pig-like being) that is picked up from Mars for an amount of 50 cents, fated to land on the tasty plates of the hungry space travelers. What happens then is for you to find out. How the hungry earthling captain is fed and satiated? Does he return back, like Odysseus?

I am sure reading it will take less time than eating your Eggs and Bacon. (The story is available on Project Gutenberg)

At that, yes, more PKD will be devoured.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Attwood Collected Works said...

Welcome to the world of PKD. Once you enter, you never really leave: http://www.randyattwood.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-five-foot-shelf-of-philip-k-dick.html