Monday, November 29, 2010

A Song and a Sketch

Metallica is a household name. Well, almost! Or at least it would be from the generation here on! Most of us are born and brought up on Metallica. Most of you will agree on this. I have already spoken about my love for Metallica here, here and here.

In 1997, Metallica released the album ReLoad. That album had a song called Fixxxer. Beautiful song. One of the classic Bluesy Hard Rock style that Metallica adopted from their another good album Load. The song fits in with the other classics and my personal favourites like Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn and Thorn Within.

The song Fixxxer has some lovely lines:

Dolls of voodoo all stuck with pins
One for each of us and our sins
So you lay us in a line
Push your pins they make us humble
Only you can tell in time
If we fall or mearly stumble

...

Can you heal what father's done?
Or cut this rope and let us run?
Just when all seems fine
And I'm pain free
You jab another pin
Jab another pin in me

Now with these lines in mind, check the following sketch that Shreyas has drawn. It was done with pencil and paper. Beautiful picture and heartening, rather haunting, expressions.


This is one of my favourite sketches. I hope Shreyas keeps drawing such amazing sketches.

That's all i got to say.

No comments: