Friday, November 27, 2009

A rose with any other name....!

I always think that I want to write why I named this blog 'Moral Redundancy'. I wonder how that came to my mind. I think it was mostly a juxtaposition of words that gave a nice meaning to the phrase.

Moral is (Source WordWeb):
1. Concerned with principles of right and wrong or conforming to standards of behaviour and character based on those principle (I guess this is too strong for me!)
2. Psychological rather than physical or tangible in effect (I like this better!)

Redundancy is (Source WordWeb):
1. Repetition of messages to reduce the probability of errors in transmission (Am I too sleepy or is it that this meaning could also stand for nagging?)
2. The attribute of being superfluous and unneeded (I love this)
3. (electronics) a system design that duplicates components to provide alternatives in case one component fails (Ehem!)
4. Repetition of an act needlessly (This is good, there is no need, but there could be a want!)

I guess I can do a mix and match and everything would look cool!

So much for Moral Redundancy!

My blog with any other name? Doesn't sound as weird! :P

No comments: