Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another day!!

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places - worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere - going nowhere


I run towards the bus, the driver tells me not to board from the front... go back... i run to catch and then jump. Take a seat, catch a breath... and exhale myself out... reaching outside, absorbing, trying to fill in the hollow that is me...


an old lady waiting for the bus at the next bus stop, wrinkled face folding years of thoughts, years of feelings, hopes and experiences... memories.... now just waiting for a bus which will take her to another place....


two little kids playing on the street, their mother looking after her other two kids.... love...


a cow tied to a tree on the footpath and its owner selling grass to people who then feed the cow...


people running towards their work... towards the coming day...


i breathe in, see myself... all confused, all scattered thoughts... like a little kid playing the picture mosaic game and misplacing pieces.... the sun in the water... moon in the house.... kids on the clouds....

and i try to channelize.... thoughts which pace and run, and i like a boarder at a station see them like a train moving fast without stopping at my station... and then the next train....


all this while the song Mad World by Micheal Andrews is running in my mind... wonderful song... very touching.... and i run towards the new day....


Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me - look right through me

1 comment:

Adu Chips said...

heyy Kedar, nice way of writing!! I miss the 'another day' in India!! But your blog created the picture.. :)! Thanks for that!